The 7 Pillars of The Plano Program:
1) Metabolism Testing- There is NO one size diet that fits all. We provide an accurate and scientific metabolism test to help understand and determine your unique metabolism.
2) Food Quality- The quality of the food we eat comes from the quality of the food our food eats. With this being said, A staple of the Plano Program is the use of whole foods/superfoods. We eat real food with minimal processing which contains a huge pharmacy of nutrients, phytochemicals, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and healthful fats.
3) Behavior Modification-Habits, good or bad, are formed by repetition. Eating habits are no exception. If you are in the habit of snacking when you watch TV, you were reinforcing that habit until finally it became a part of you. Other habits are formed in the same way. Our holistic health counselors will teach you effective strategies to help you reinforce your new behaviors so they become a part of you.
4) Exercise and Muscle Management-As a species, we are meant to be active. Our ancestors had to walk, run, dig and till for their food. Over and over again, the magic pill that everyone is looking for appears to be exercise. This doesn't mean you have to become a fanatic, but you do have to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. The right amount or style will, again, depend on your individual circumstances and metabolic profile. We do EMPHASIZE the importance of muscle as it is related to fat loss. It's simple, the more lean body mass you have the more calories you burn!
5) Customization- We recognize the differences between people's age, food likes, unique metabolism, biochemichal indivduality, activity level, special needs and lifestyle considerations. Each plan is carefully customized to the above variables to help you achieve your health and wellness goal.
6) Reducing Stress Hormones- Stress can manifest in many different forms. Poor food quality, inadequate sleep, energy robbers as friends, bad relationships, environmental toxins, hidden internal stressors such as food sensitivities, are all just a few of the stressors we can encounter in everyday life. These stressors all produce Cortisol- the primary stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Adrenal imbalance and excess cortisol production are at the top of the list when it comes to unwanted weight related to hormonal imbalance. Sustained high cortisol levels can lead to intense cravings and binge eating. High cortisol production can throw off any or all of the other hormones in the body, major or minor, setting off a chain reaction that puts your body into crisis mode. No diet will succeed if you are under tremendous stress — no matter what you do. You will learn simple and effective strategies to reduce stress. These stress reducing principles will help put you in a balanced state which is a MUST for fat loss and health.We offer a simple saliva test that can reveal whether your daily cortisol levels are in line.
7) Insulin and Hormone Management- Chronic high carbohydrate consumption leads to chronically elevated levels of insulin which is a fat storing hormone. While insulin is elevated fat burning is blunted, you will be hungry, the liver will produce more cholesterol, tri-glycerides will be high and you risk many inflammatory conditions like asthma, arthritis, psoriasis, and migraines. The Plano Program uses a unique rotation of low glycemic carbohydrates and calorie cycling along with proper meal combining to offset insulin production to get your body in a fat burning mode.
Putting it all together
So now you have a better sense of the many factors that can play into your weight-loss equation. The question then becomes, "What do I do with it all?". The goal of the Plano Program is a firm, healthy body that is glowing with health and stability. We want your body to learn a new balanced set point and to recognize a balanced biochemistry as its normal state. This means a different weight for every individual, but the right weight for you. Focus on getting healthy, feeling good, and building muscle — not on attaining some magazine’s idea of the perfect body. A healthy weight loss is no more than two pounds per week — any more than that, and you are losing muscle, not fat.
How to get Started:
1) Call 1-877-Plano-Plan and tell us your ready for the journey!
4) Meet with your Holistic Fat Loss Coach who will take your body weight and body fat, test your metabolism, help set your goals, and fill out your food likes and dislikes so that we can begin to tailor your personalized program.
5) Within 5-7 days after your initial meeting your fat loss coach will go over your program.
6) Schedule your next follow up meeting(every 2 weeks for 12 weeks) with your fat loss coach.
7) Begin your 12 week Journey!
WHAT THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY HAS TO SAY:
"The Plano Program offers a realistic and customized approach to weight loss, and weight maintenance. As a result of participation in the program, many of my patients have seen dramatic improvements in several clinical markers of health. In fact, many patients have been able to actually stop taking medications for chronic diseases such as Diabetes and Hypertension, as their levels of control improved on the program. The Plano Program addresses the unique needs of patients while educating and empowering them with the value of exercise and nutrition. This unique system of health and wellness fosters a lifestyle that is comfortable for patient so they do not get the feeling of sacrificing food to be on a ¨diet¨. This is what makes his program so unique and successful where many other programs fall short, and do not achieve the measureable success that my patients have enjoyed."
Dr. Edward Rippel, M.D.
"As a clinical Registered Dietitian I believe, The Plano Program is solid on all avenues. Marc’s founding principle of building health from the inside out is paramount.While clients following The Plano Program do lose weight -- they gain so much more in the process. The Plano Program is truly comprehensive and provides people with the tools to achieve optimal health.
Amy Krystock, R.D., PhD
"My experience with Marc and Optimal Results was outstanding. Marc worked with me on both my diet and my physique. The changes I saw in my body after working with Marc are results I had not achieved with any other personal trainer. Marc created a diet based on my personal goals. It was easy to follow and included a variety of foods that I could purchase in my local supermarket. The meal plan was not based on powdered drinks or pre-packaged meals. When my life got hectic and I needed something a little different, Marc simplified my plan to fit my changing lifestyle.
"I recommend Marc and The Plano Program without reservation".
Board Certified Pediatrician
New Haven County
"The Plano Program of weight-loss and body shaping was the first program I've ever been involved with that was easy to follow and most importantly, medically sound. Marc adjusts diet and exercise to your personal level of fitness,activity, and medical condition to help you achieve maximal success and to maintain success after a goal is reached. For a serial dieter, as most of us are, learning which foods are both nutritionally sound and satisfying makes adherence to the program simple and easy. Marc's knowledge of anatomy and physiology allows the client to actually transform their body shape when exercise is combined with his diet. From both a personal and a medical viewpoint, I cannot recommend Marc Plano and Optimal Results System highly enough. Learning to eat healthy can actually be done, and enjoyed!"
Lisa Jamron, M.D.
Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiologists
"A system of science, sophistication, and simplicity. A system that uses real food as our bodies medicine to naturally balance the system. Marc's Metabolic Typing Program is an easy to use program that I use on a daily basis and feel comfortable recommending to all my patients, finally a plan that makes sense. There is no one size plans that fits all, the only plan that is right for you is the one that based for your Metabolic Type!."
Dr. Mark Carrano, Carrano Chiropractic of East Haven.
"Marc Plano is an excellent trainer. His expertise and professionalism are extraordinary. His stretching techniques have changed my life, and I have never moved better. I am on his weight-reduction program and making good progress. I am so pleased that I'm beginning weekly training sessions as well."
Dr. Lawrence Wartel MD
Associate Chief of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital
"Marc's metabolic testing helped me feel a consistent level of increased energy, stopped my cravings for sweets and helped me achieve an overall feeling of well being. With two small children, I did not want a diet- just a healthy way of life. Marc helped me accomplish that."
Dr. Nili T. Harpaz, DPM